TOTAL DISAPPOINTMENT AND PATHETIC CUSTOMER SERVICE.
We unfortunately went to this place after reading the reviews online.
Rotai Canai: this tasted pretty good
Chicken Satai: this was also a decent item
malaysian iced tea: it was 50% ice and the flavor was not particularly exciting
Oolong tea: needed to be brewed more, WAY TOO EXPENSIVE
we were excited to move to the entrees, which is where it went downhill
Mango Chicken: the flavor was just flat, too sweet, it is supposed to be sweet and sour but where was the sour, the meat tasted like a foot, it had an overly watery base, TOTAL FAIL
Coconut Curried Vegetable: this was basically glorified soup, but the cocunut flavor was alright, not sure how this could be in teh entree section when it was served in a ginormous bowl with cups and soup spoons? WAY TOO PRICY for a bunch of broccoli in coconut soup....
2. simple yet cutely decorated with an asian tropical theme, had small screens with photo slideshows of their dishes at each table
3. their business name was cool
1. The prices were a bit high for a basic looking restaurant and portion sizes
2. DESPICABLY BAD CUSTOMER SERVICE POLICIES: We were very unsatisfied with the mango chicken, none of us had more then a bite, we politely talked to two waiters and asked to replace the dish. They refused to, and said they would charge us for the dish. NEVER in my life has any restaurant refused to switch a dish. What kind of customer service is this? They could lhave offered to add somethign to it to make it more tasty i.e. adding some thicker curry or some spice or anything... not one attempt to fix the bland nastyness... no smiles or anything from the beginning to the end
Im an asian and I know its Asian places are not known for particularly amazing customer service but this has got to be the pits. This would make anybody hesitate trying out any dishes because they are then forced to pay for something thats not edible.
3. Most of the dishes we ordered were not that great tasting, also the waiter made poor recommendations to us, when we described what kind of flavors we like.
We will never come again and warn others about going here. This was the first time in our life we didnt leave a tip.