Houston >Arts & Entertainment > Bronx Bar
2670 Sage Rd, Houston, TX | Directions 7705629.740107 -95.466901
Citysearch Editorial Review – Marsha, Marsha, Marsha! Whatabout Jan? Just like the stereotypical middle child, Bronx Bar Galleria’s starving for attention. The original Bronx Bar made its bones a while back by situating itself in a prime location for bar-hopping and the latest location on Washington can say the same. But despite a cleaner and swankier look than its siblings, Bronx Bar Galleria doesn’t achieve the nearly the same weekend crowds. The first floor offers plenty of space to mingle under a chic chandelier and both the bottom and top floors have their own bars while the upstairs affords excellent people-watching and has pool tables and foosball that seem slightly out of place. The DJ often plays to chirping crickets although the benefit to that is much less chaos.
African americans and Mexicans are not welcomed – Its so sad that as many diffent type of people live in Houston that this type of stuff sill goes on in america in this day and age.if you check almost all club sites and blog sites for Houston that have the words Bronx bar you will see the same type of comments,but you can get the worst story about two African american soilders that went thier onHouston Press Please dont suppourt these ignorant People,you can go to MEET UPto see ,Groups and social Clubs are boycotting this Bar
Smoking Inside – I'm giving this place only two stars for several reasons... first the positives.
1) The location is great for me. I live in the galleria only about a block away and can walk here if I want.
2) After changing to Bronx Bar from Buddha Lounge it no longer seems to attract the same pretentious crowd. I saw someone overdose from doing coke in the bathroom when it was Buddha Lounge and chose to never return after that... It's just not my scene.
3) The pool table area upstairs is a nice add and fun place to have a game while watching a game on one of the TVs up there.
and now the negatives...
1) Now that the pretentious crowd is gone the place is dead! I was there last night on a Thursday night and the place was still at least 60% empty at midnight.
2) Cigarette smoke!!! I don't know if this place is just blatantly ignoring the non-smoking law or if they found a loop hole around it but the moment I walked in last night the smoke was overpowering. For the few people that were there a lot of them were smoking inside (even one of the owners). I guess I just like not reeking of smoke when I leave a place. For this reason alone I wanted to give it only on star but as listed above there are some positive aspects about it so therefor the two stars.
I know my friends will be back because they know the owners and they also smoke but for me I'd rather head to midtown or rice village where there are more people and less smoke. This may have just been an off night and it could normally be a lot better but it was enough for me to not want to go back. I guess I'll wait to see what they change it to next.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Bronx Bar on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.