Houston >Food & Dining > Minerva Indian Cuisine
3702 Fm 1960 Rd W Ste G, Houston, TX | Directions 7706829.995707 -95.485911
Terrible indian restaurant - would never go again – We usually go to this place for lunch buffet only when we dont have other choice like on tuesdays since other indian restaurants like udipi are closed on that day. We know that its definitely not the best food but still hope atleast may find something to eat. But this particular day had the worst exerience
1. It was a very cold day (40 deg) and the heater was not on. We had to eat food wearing our jackets
2. Since it was so cold the food was not hot enough.
3. Food itself was bad.... removed items like idli, vada (cost cutting i guess) from buffet
4. No one came to ask what kind of dosa we wanted... actually they wouldnt have served any if we did not ask. Finally when we asked, the manager said only plain is available. (not at all apolegetic)
5. Very expensive for what is served
6. Finally when i compalined to the manager while paying.... the manager started arguing and said the food was good enough and that the heater was on. And then when i told him that i had a very bad experience and am contemplating to ever come back to this place, his answer was "no problem". He dint really care.
7. Wonder how they are doing business with that kind of attitude.
Good food – I'm not sure why some of the other reviewers talk about how horrible the place is and then say they go once a week and such. In my experience the place is good.
The naan is delicious and warm, the food is flavorful. If you would like it spicy you have to request that because the standard order is very mild. I have eaten here at least 10 times (always dinner). I have never been served stale food nor cold food.
That being said the service is terrible. Water glasses will remain unfilled, no one will bring you the check. But we have discovered if we just speak up we will be attended to.
worse service/food/manager – I have been here about 8-10 times. Did not have another option since I lived in that area.I believe the good reviews are their own or some Americans whose reviews actually go for the Indian food and its taste they are fond of and not this restaurant.
1) The service is very pathetic.
2) The food is stale and uncooked.I consumed just 25% of food few times and left hungry or unhappy.
-- The restaurant is hardly ever filled 20% of its capacity.
3) I once waited 15 minutes for the manager/owner and he did not care to look at me while I was softly complaining.He did not like an uninvited customer feedback and said things are expensive and he already knew a lot about this business.(A lame excuse and a rude reply)
4) Never cared to replace any stale food.
5) Waiters were sad, atmosphere gloomy and did not care whats going on?Despite all this I gave a waiter some tip (felt sorry for anything he must be going through)...some gestures and I realized he was NOT ALLOWED to keep it for himself.So I changed my mind.
6)Sad and scrapped music every time and they always play the same.Last few times I had to to-go my food for the same reason.
7)A hectic day and such a place to eat......
8)Have moved to a different area....Anyone ever loses a bet with me ..the punishment is to eat at "The Authentic, traditional Minerva".LOL
Never Hot Enough – I've used this restaurant on average, once a month, mostly for the lunch buffet. Recently, I tried the evening buffet, and the only difference between the two, was more variety in the evening option.
Sadly, and this has also been observed by others in my group, the food is never hot enough, indeed, I might as well state that the food is only warm. This has been the case for several months now, but from my last visit, my family and myself, all fell ill. We are certain it was from this restaurant, given that it was the only meal in the day, where we ate together. How much of the buffet is left over from lunch, can't be determined here, but the food MUST be hotter, to avoid severe stomach upset, or worse.
A complaint has now gone forward to the environmental health dept., for them to further investigate this matter.
The restaurant itself, is okay, although the staff are not very outgoing, or attentive enough. A glass can stay empty for a long time here! A previous visit resulted in the wine that we ordered, not arriving until we we about to pay the bill.
The naan bread is simply awful, a disgrace, presentation is not one of their specialities. The restrooms leave you feeling unclean, even after using them.
I do wish that the TV was disposed of, for some decent Indian music, unless they put more than one TV in the restaurant, showing traditional dance/music.
Editorial Review – Serving south and north Indian delicacies such as tandoor, hyderabadi biryani and andhra, this buffet restaurant also offers table service.
great buffet – their buffet offers more varieties and are very very tasty.especially indo chinese items like chilly chk are awesome.and i like their chk tkka masala.i love indian food and i like minerva
Pretty good Indian – Nice staff, and the lunch buffet was quite good. Definitely Americanised (spices downplayed for unadventurous palates), but good value very tasty, with distinctive variety of flavor.
Dissappointed – I ordered some food from them from a third party delivery service and was missing an item when it was delivered. When I called the restaurant they refused to admit that they could have missed an item. Not only that, their food was way below par. The bread was undercooked and what was promised on the menu was not completely fulfilled.(The missing item)
A Little Something Different – The Indo-Chinese has some wonderful offerings that you don't see at most Indian restaurants. For those of you expecting your typical Chinese, don't. The chili chicken is good, but it will clear out your sinuses, and possibly your tear ducts. The dinner menu is better than the buffet, but both are good.
Yummy Nan – Hey, this is a great Indian place. The jogan rosh meal I had was great. The nan was wonderful, the lentils superb, and the potato curry fantastic. The ambience rises above the strip mall it is in, but not too much. My family and I would have liked a little more information on how the various dishes were intended to be eaten, though. From my experience, I would recommend this restaurant.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of Minerva Indian Cuisine on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.