Houston >Transportation & Storage > John D Moving
“Almost every piece of our very expensive furniture was destroyed in the move from the careless handling, we had about 15 holes put in our walls, and I was threatened by the owner of the company that if HE had to come to my house to get his money I would r”
I was pleased with the level of
communication from start to finish and Hector and Javier's professionalism. I am a very satisfied customer and would definitely hire John D. Moving Company for future moving.
P.S. I don't remember which one (by name), but one of my movers was REALLY cute. Lol, I would totally date him! :)
Best move/movers ever i must say. Luis & Feliz were my movers. They were there at my sch timed. They wrapped & covered my furniture well. They were professional & done a very good job in a timely manners.
Simply the BEST moving experience I've ever had ! I don't know about other people's experience but my own experience with this company for moving my 1 bedroom apartment could not be better. Their rep (Luz) was available every time I called and made the process really easy and without stress. Their crew arrived right on time as was promissed, were very polite, wrapped all my furnitures and moved my stuff without a single damage. They did not waste any time during the whole process. I'm SO pleased with their service and they deserved every single penny they were paid. I highly recommend them.
After reading negative reviews, i
wasn't sure about hiring John D Movers. However, I decided to trust my daughter's teacher who recommended John D...to several people! Ronnie and Andrew showed up a few minutes late, only because of my poor direction to the house. When they arrived, they quickly assessed what needed to go and what needed to stay. Once they got started, they hustled the whole time! At one point, I stopped them to give them something cold to drink! It's refreshing to see people working as hard as these men have...they were able to move me in 3 hours! I had a wonderful moving experience with them. My only gripe is that after they left, i logged on to write this review and discovered that they have coupons for 10% off with 3 hours and more OR waive the travel fee which is $30. Thank you for an easy move!!!
CC from Sugar Land, TX
Broken items - refuse to file an insurance claim!.
1.They were 3 hours late.
2. They only arived with 2 guys, when I made an appointment for 3. As an apology, they made a deal, flat rate for a 2 bedroom apartment $450, 5 guys.
3. Since they were not getting paid hourly, they didn't care how they handled my stuff. I can't say that for all of the guys, because 3 did care and 2 did not. I do not know their names because I was not introduced and none of them spoke english. It was like they gathered guys from Home Depot. I heard glass breaking when they loaded the truck, and they just ignored me. I had to keep telling them that they forgot large items; they were just abandoning a lot of my things to get the job over with. I had to make several trips in my vehicle to finish the job, and did not get to bed until 2am! Had to be up at 6am for work.
4. When I showed them the broken statue/table, they said someone would arrive Monday at 6pm to glue it back together. No one showed or called; I even called earlier that afternoon to confirm that a manager was coming so I could file a damage claim.
5. Wednesday the manager was late arriving, but did show to pick up my broken statue table to bring back to the office to glue it together. I argued with him and with his secretary that it needed to be replaced; glue will not allow it to hold a heavy Tiffany lamp! She refused, claiming that I probably did NOT purchase insurance. I was not offered insurance because no one spoke english to talk to me!!!!
6. The web site says "professional" but they just dumped boxes where ever they felt like it, didn't care that I wrote room names on 5 sides of each box and drew arrows upwards. They don't have the common sense to stack heavy large boxes on bottom - they put them on top of small boxes clearly labeled "glass," so I am not surprised that my glass shadow box was shattered.
Best movers I have ever had!.
I was surprise to read such bad reviews! These have been the best movers I have ever had and I THANK YOU, John D Moving, for making my move so much less stressful. I chose the 2 movers package and the were super professional, kind, extremely careful with my furniture and boxes and they even had great logistic ideas - I moved from an apartment into a house, leaving some things in storage on the way.
I highly recommend them!!!!
Absolute Nightmare!!!. If you care at all about your belongs, your time, and your piece of mind, please do not even THINK of hiring this HORRIBLE company to move your things. This service limits my review to 2000 characters otherwise I could go on for days about how terrible this company is. To start the experience off I had a 10a.m. appointment in which the movers did not feel was important enough to show up to until 12:30p.m. At that time they stood around for about 30 minutes scratching their heads. They also showed up with 4 guys rather than 3 as requested and tried to guilt me in to paying for a 4th guy. I refused! After 7 hours of loading things from our 2 bedroom apt. at $85/hour, I called the office to complain about how slow the guys were moving. At that time I was given a flat rate, hesitantly agreed to that amount because I felt it was too much but I really had no choice at this time, I was trapped and they knew it. They finally got the truck loaded and moved to our new house where they unloaded almost all of our things and then told us that they would not unload any more until we paid them...CASH...the agreed upon flat rate plus an additional $100 or they were going to leave with the rest of our things. The police showed up becuase the guys were out of control acting like crazy people. I finally realized I had no choice if I wanted my stuff so I paid them the money, they unloaded the rest into the garage, did not even bring it into my house and left. Almost every piece of our very expensive furniture was destroyed in the move from the careless handling, we had about 15 holes put in our walls, and I was threatened by the owner of the company that if HE had to come to my house to get his money I would regret it. This move took a total of 12 hours with only the furnishings of a 2 bedroom apartment. The last time we moved with the same amount of furniture it only took 5 hours. This company is ridiculous, they are RUDE, and heartless. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY HERE
Disreputable. This company is very unprofessional. The owners of this so-called dedicated family business are liable to tell you what you want to hear, but their veracity is drawn into question by the highly questionable manner in which they operate. At the very least, they are disorganized and impractical. It is highly likely, however, that they are also unethical. My experience has shown me that they definitely lack all sense of human decency and common courtesy.
JOHN D MOVING CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO RETURN A CALL ..........
DON'T WASTE YOUR TIME. THEY ADVERTISE ON THE INTERNET THAT YOU CAN GET AN ESTIMATE BY FILLING OUT THEIR ONLINE FORMS AND SOMEONE WILL PROMPTLY CALL YOU BACK. THEY NEVER CALLED. I CALLED THE SHOP AND LEFT A MESSAGE, NO RESPONSE. APPARENTLY THEY CAN'T BE BOTHERED TO ANSWER QUESTIONS. MAYBE THEY ARE TOO BUSY TO CARE IF THEY LOSE A CUSTOMER OR SEVERAL.. WE WENT WITH ANOTHER MOVING COMPANY AND COULDN'T OF BEEN MORE IMPRESSED.
STAY AWAY FROM JOHN D MOVING.
Editorial Review by Citysearch Editors. Houston-based mover offers packing services, supplies, online quotes and free wardrobe boxes. Bilingual staff speaks Spanish and English.
Sign in with Facebook Sign in with Facebook to see what your friends are up to!
Do you have a review of John D Moving on your blog? If you include the Citysearch image link (shown below) in your post, we'll automatically link to your review from the business profile page. Here's how our Linkback system works:
The Linkback system is free and automatic. It's really that easy.
To link to our business profile page, copy the html below to your web page.